If you’re a college student with a passion for social justice, we’d love to have you intern with us. We have four main internship opportunities, but we are open to new ideas. Let us know what you’re passionate about and we’ll find a way to use your talents to further the cause.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Internships available on a semester-long basis.
Public Relations Intern
- Daily Social Media posts
- Weekly e-newsletter
- Create brochures, flyers, mailings as needed
- Staff table at speaking engagements, community events
- Responsible for space at Umbrella Market on Wednesdays 4-8:30pm (May-August)
- Some work can be done from home
- Must come to office once a week. Office is in Farmville, about 30 minute drive from campus.
Training Program Intern
- Compile list of organizations that need to receive Human Trafficking Training (For instance hotels, truck driving schools, churches, civic groups)
- Modify existing Training Presentation to target specific group
- Call organizations to schedule trainings.
- Conduct trainings. (With training and help.)
State-wide Interaction Intern
- Attend Meetings of County and State-wide anti-Human Trafficking groups (NC Coalition Against Human Trafficking, Pitt County CAHT, NC Human Trafficking Commission, Project NO REST)
- Take notes/minutes (distribute as necessary)
- Update Membership Lists
- Create newsletters for groups
- Provide support and supervision for projects, as necessary
Campus Liaison Intern
- Attend student engagement fairs on ECU campus
- Design, plan, and implement activities on ECU campus to benefit/promote organization
- Partner with other student organizations for programs/activities
- COAD curriculum development
- Recruitment, engagement, and management of student volunteers